When your MicroBiz Cloud instance and your Magento site are linked you can create a product once and it will appear in both MicroBiz and Magento. Just set Sync to Magento = yes in MicroBiz and save the product. In Magento set Sync to MicroBiz = yes and save the product.
- Any change in inventory in MicroBiz will sync to the Magento inventory - this is an inventory balance overwrite. (See settings below to set which stores send inventory to the web site or how to turn this sync off).
- Magento Orders will update MicroBiz Stock Balance - for most users stock will be reduced from the default ship form store - but there is an additional setting so the Magento Ship Order page will display a list of MicroBiz stores to ship the order from.
- Attribute sets used to create products need to also be set to Sync = Yes for products to sync.
- If you have special attribute in Magento in your attribute set you can sync that attribute set to MicroBiz and use it to create products so your special fields are in MicroBiz as well.
- Attributes and attribute options sync when they are attached to an attribute set that syncs.
- Pictures do not sync in either direction.
- You can't link 2 existing products - if SKU 100 already exists in Magento and you create a new SKU 100 in MicroBiz those products will not be linked - and you cannot link them. The duplicate SKU will also prevent either 'version' of SKU 100 from syncing across to MicroBiz or Magento. If this happens - change the SKU on one or the other and delete or disable. Then resync the 'good' version.?
- Special MicroBiz Functional Fields - Certain fields like Manufacturer UPC, cost, supplier, brand, alternate ID are not synced at this time.
- In Magento manipulating the Sync to MicroBiz field in Manage Grid using third party plugins will not sync the product to MicroBiz.
Importing Bulk Records
You can import multiple records at once from Magento using MicroBiz Linked Apps >> Magento Import >> Import Products. This process allows you to add many product records at a time to MicroBiz with setting Sync to MicroBiz = Yes and saving each product individually in Magento.
Note that while these records still say Sync to MicroBiz = No in Magento there is a link established so web orders for these products will update MicroBiz inventory and MicroBiz inventory updates and changes to the product record in MicroBiz will sync.
MicroBiz Magento Settings
You can control what is synced using the settings in Linked Apps >> Magento Instance >> Magento API Settings >> Sync Rules
- Choose whether products Sync from MicroBiz to Magento
- Choose whether products Sync from Magento to MicroBiz
- Choose whether customer Sync from MicroBiz to Magento
- Choose whether customer Sync from Magento to MicroBiz
- Select whether inventory syncs from MicroBiz to Magento and which store inventories to include in the Magento stock level.
- Set which MicroBiz store location is set to the Magento stock balance when a new Magento product is synced to MicroBiz.
Settings in Magento
Magento Admin >> MicroBiz POS >> Configuration
- Sync Orders to MicroBiz will send new orders back to MicroBiz (Web store must be defined). Shipped orders show up as sales in MicroBiz and inventory is reduced.
- Select Store during Shipment - requires the user to specify the MicroBiz store filling the order.
- Allow Negative Inventory - allows user to ship from MicroBiz store with zero stock.