Create and Edit Supplier Shipments
- From Store Operations >> Inventory >> Supplier Shipments click New Supplier Shipment
- Select store - this shipment will be added to this stores inventory
- Select Supplier - only items from this supplier will be available to add to this shipment. The exception is for suppliers that are distributors or for items with listed alternate suppliers. You can read more about that here.
- Other information - you can change the date the shipment arrived (not into the future just the past) and set the packing slip and invoice number if they are known. These fields can help you match shipments to invoices and will be used if you integrate your supplier shipments to an accounting program.
- Notes provides a place for receiving staff to indicate problems or special notes - Purchase Order notes will also show here so that the buyers intentions on certain orders can be communicated to receiving staff.
- Scan or enter items using SKU, item name, UPC, Style or alternate ID.
- New Item will pop up the item quick add dialogue to provide a way to create items and add them to the shipment at the same time.
- In the find item dialogue multiple items can be selected at the same time helping you quickly add existing items to the shipment.
- Use Save as Draft to indicate 'you are not done' - this save saves your work but does not update the inventory yet.
- Go to the general tab and set the status to Complete and Save as Complete when you are finished receiving the shipment. Your inventory will be updated.
Adding Items to Supplier Shipments
- You can scan, enter any id or search and select items to add to your shipment.
- You can also use the tools to add items that have recently sold or are below their reorder point.
Setting Line Quantities
Set selected lines to 'exactly' any value so all lines can be set to a quantity of 6 or 12 and so on.
Set selected lines to reorder quantity.
Set line quantity the same as recent sales.
Other Ways of Doing This
- You can book a shipment against a Supplier Purchase Order (see creating purchase Orders)
- New items can have a beginning balance and cost set on the inventory tab.
- Items can be adjusted into inventory as well.
Settings That Affect This
Admin Settings General Supplier tab restricts or allows the users to edit completed shipments.