Star Micronics TSP654 Web Print
Both Chrome and Safari for iPad can be used with this IP direct print device. To use this feature you need to set the Register Print mode to IP Print (all other printers use the default 'browser print').
This printer is also an excellent printer for the desktop with direct printer the browser 'print dialogue' opo up is eliminated and print quality is improved.
Limitations: To use Firefox browser you set security.mixed_content.block_active_content to true.
These directions are for the web print model only.
|2. Plug into wall electrical socket. Leave printer powered off.|
|3. Hold the Feed Button located on the front of the printer down - while its down turn the power switch located on the back of the printer on.|
4. The printer will print out 2 receipts with it's settings on them. At the bottom of the second receipt is an ip address.
There is a pause between the 2 receipts - don't panic - give it 20 seconds.
5. In MicroBiz Store Operations >> System >> Manage Register Edit your register settings.
Optional Wifi Pack for TSP650II
Using Star tsp 650 II on Desktop Windows, Mac OSX
Same install as on iPad. Chrome and Safari should work with no additional fiddling. If you plan on using Firefox browser follow the instructions below.
Firefox Windows & Mac blocks the print messages going to the Star 650 as insecure by default. To allow printing using Firefox browser:
- In the address bar, type "about:config" and press Enter.
- Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.
- In the search field, type "block_active".
- Set the value for the one search result ("security.mixed_content.block_active_content") to "false" by double clicking.
- That's it - should print now.