Adjustments to Inventory can be used to change the stock balance either up or down. Your system comes with 2 default adjustment reasons - increase inventory and decrease inventory. You can add more to track activities specific to your business such as adjustments out for charitable donations,consumption, waste, spoilage, shrinkage and so forth.
- Store Operations >> Inventory >> Adjustments to Inventory >> New Adjustment
- Select a store - this is the inventory you are adjusting
- Select an adjustment reason - usually just increase or decrease the inventory
- Add a note if you like
- Switch to the items tab and start adding items whose inventory you wish to adjust
- You can scan or type any product ID (SKU, UPC, Name etc) just like the Front Register. You can also use the search function to find and add multiple items.
- You can change the qty on each line, delete lines.
- You can Save as Draft if you are not done editing your adjustment.
- When you are finished Save will update your inventory levels.
While you cannot edit a Saved Adjustment at this time you can reverse if you need to and make a fresh copy as a draft that you can edit with the copy adjustment function.
- Open the adjustment to copy from the Manage Adjustments Grid by clicking the edit icon.
- Choose Copy adjustment from the more options menu.
- Change the Adjustment reason and store if you wish and click copy. This will make a copy of the entire adjustment with all its items.