Supplier shipments provides an easy way to check in goods shipped from one of your vendors or distributors. You can scan items or enter the SKU, UPC, Item Name manually or through the item search function. For convenience you can the cost and price of the item from the shipment and there are places to record the invoice, packing slip and freight costs. You can receive from scratch or against an existing purchase order. You can also print tags from your shipment.
Purchase Orders are often the first step for a retailer in controlling your inventory and cash flow. The purchase order module provides an easy way to record your orders from one of your vendors or distributors. You can scan items or enter the SKU, UPC, Item Name manually or through the item search function. For convenience you can the cost and price of the item from the shipment and there are places to record the start ship & cancel, shipping method and payment terms. The PO can be printed and email and faxed to your supplier and supplier shipments can be received against the PO. Backorders can be maintained and reviewed and open orders can be canceled. You can also print tags from your order.
Settings That Affect This
Store Operations >> System >> Admin Settings >> Purchase Order/Supplier Settings
- Default Start Ship Today plus(days)
- Default Cancel Start Ship plus(days)
- Default Ship Via
- Default Order Placed Via
- Default Expected Start Ship plus
- Default PO Terms
Catalog >> Manage Suppliers >> Supplier Settings
- Minimum Order - dollar amount minimum supplier order.
- Default Payment Terms
- Submit Order Via
- Supplier Expected Date Default (estimate arrival date)
- This Supplier is a Distributor - setting a supplier as a distributor means any item in your MicroBiz system can be ordered from this supplier. (if you want to restrict this see alternate suppliers below).
Catalog >> Manage Products >> Product Settings/Alternate ID's
- Minimum Supplier Order Qty - for that item minimum qty that can be ordered.
- Discontinued - item can be sold,shipments received and so forth but can no longer be placed on a new purchase order.
- Alternate Supplier - enter alternate suppliers from which item can be ordered or received. Optional alternate price and item ID can be entered as well.