Front Register Settings
You can set up your register through Settings >> Company/Stores >> Register.
Once you have set up your store, you will need to set up the registers assigned to the store. MicroBiz uses the concept of 'virtual registers'. Rather than permanently attaching a register to a physical piece of hardware, such as a computer or a cash drawer, registers are accessed through a login process. So the 'register' will be tied to whatever computer/drawer is used to log into the selected register. As a result, you will need to pay attention to which store and register is selected when logging into MicroBiz.
There are a few fields that may require further explanation:
- Store - All registers must be assigned to a store. You cannot assign a register to multiple stores. As these are virtual registers, be sure to assign the register to the store where it resides.
- Register Print Mode - Used to determine which method is used to print receipts. Most users use 'Browser Print' which uses the browser to communicate with the receipt printer.
- Payment Card Integration - MicroBiz can be used with stand alone payment terminals, or with integrated payments (i.e. payment terminals that light-up and display the transaction amount when a user hits the 'Pay' button in MicroBiz.) For more information on integrated payments with MicroBiz Cloud, click here.
- Payment Methods - This setting controls which payment tender options are shown at the front registers when a user clicks on the Pay button.
Troubleshooting: Settings That Affect Register Set-up
- Check screen resolution. Recommended is 1280 x 1024 or higher. Minimum is 1280 x 800. 800 x 600 will not display properly.
- Check that printer can be seen by browser properly. If you are using a 40 column printer, the print preview should display 40 columns. If it fails, you should try reinstalling the print driver.
- Check printer definition. Options are to open drawer on, before or after print and a paper 'cut'. Make sure this is set-up properly in the printer properties to match how your drawer/printer operate. We don't send those commands (yet).
- Check that cash drawer is attached to printer. Please note that separate USB/serial drawers are not supported.
- Check RAM available to browser. Best results are obtained when the browser has plenty of memory.