Before You Begin
· Check your Magento Version – Magento Community Versions 1.6,1.7,1.8 and 1.9 are supported.
· Check that Magento Community Channel is Installed
· Steps to check community channel is installed or not
· System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager
· Login with the magento admin credentials
· check under "Manage Existing Extensions "->It will show all the existing extensions(both magento and third party extensions)
· Steps to install the community channel
· Below are the commands to install magento community channel in root location of the magento instance
./mage channel-add connect20.magentocommerce.com/
- Soap – PHP Soap Module is installed and configured check in PHP server info
- We need cUrl Module installed(Check in PHP server info
- If you are using Compilation please disable it during the installation. You will need to recompile when the installation is complete.
Once you are certain your website meets these requirements
· Please Backup your web site and web site database – this is recommended prior to the install of any plugin.
Magento -> MicroBiz
You need at least 1 customer tax class and 1 product tax class defined in MicroBiz.
The install is comprised of a few steps:
- installing the core plugin through Magento Connect
- Installing the MicroBiz Connector Plugin from the Magento admin panel
- running the connection wizard from the Magento admin panel to link this Magento instance to your MicroBiz instance - you can either jump to the MicroBiz sign to set up an account and create your MicroBiz instance or fill in credentials for your existing instance.
- running the initial sync wizard to pull data from your Magento site to your MicroBiz instance or vice versa (or neither!).
- Install the Core Plugin using Magento Connect - you will have downloaded this file from Magento Connect web site or you will receive the file from support depending on how you signed up.
- From the Magento Admin Panel >> Magento Connect select the core.tgz file and upload.
- Exit Magento Connect
- Return to the Admin panel and click on the MicroBiz POS menu item and click on install
- Click Install
- You will be prompted to login
- Run the Connection/Configuration Wizard
- From MicroBiz POS Menu in Magento Admin Click Configuration
- If you don't have a MicroBiz Instance choose Sign up now, other wise choose I have a MicroBiz Instance button
- Enter your MicroBiz URL and login credentials - just enter the first part of your URL for https://finehats.microbiz.com just enter finehats.
- Enter an API user and API User email - the API user will be created for you and a password generated just give it a name and valid email
- The Magento plugin will attempt to connect and configure the connection between your web site and your MicroBiz instance
Run the Initial Sync Wizard
If you want to sync all your data easily either from an existing Magento site to a new MicroBiz site or from an existing MicroBiz instance to a new Magento site chose the direction of your initial sync and proceed with the initial sync options (more help on these below). If you have multiple sales tax rates (such as EU reduced rate, standard rate - you will want to set up tax class mapping in MicroBiz and use the manual import options.
- Products - you can choose to sync all products, just enabled products or no products.
- ?Mbz Product Tax Class - this is the product tax class that will be used for all synced products - so if you are syncing Magento -> MicroBiz all MicroBiz products will get this tax class - if you need multiple tax classes you can't use the wizard (contact support for help). Same limitation MicroBiz -> Magento.
- Mag Root Category - this is the root category that will be used to set up the root category in MicroBiz or Magento. MicroBiz only supports a single root category for reporting.
- Mbz Customer Tax Class - this is the customer tax class that will be used for all synced customers - so if you are syncing Magento -> MicroBiz all MicroBiz customer will get this tax class - if you need multiple tax classes you can't use the wizard (contact support for help). Same limitation MicroBiz -> Magento.
- Mbz Customer Customer Type (Customer Groups) - this is the customer group that will be used for all synced customers - so if you are syncing Magento -> MicroBiz all MicroBiz customer will get this customer group - if you need multiple customer groups (like for customer group pricing) you can't use the wizard (contact support for help). Same limitation MicroBiz -> Magento.
- Import Stock Balance - if you say yes to this depending on the direction either the selected MicroBiz store will gets its inventory beginning stock set the same as the web site or the web site will get its inventory set the same as the selected MicroBiz store. If you need multiple stores inventory to show as part of the Magento stock don't use the wizard for this.
- Import Stock Balance from - sets the stock sync from MicroBiz ->Magento to use the specified store.
- Click Begin Sync - note it rarely takes 24 hours (if you have 10's of thousands of active enabled products it will take this long)
Once your Magento instance is connected to MicroBiz you may want to adjust your settings depending on what countries you do business in, what sort of products and services you offer and how you work.
Product Sync Options
- You can choose to sync products in one or both directions
- Optional Field Mappings - let you sync fields like supplier, UPC/EAN, brand and so forth with MicroBiz.
- Product Tax Class Mappings - let you assign MicroBiz and Magento tax classes for cases where products have more than 1 tax class in both MicroBiz and Magento.
Inventory Sync Options
- Note Magento Orders will always update MicroBiz stock balance unless inventory Magento->MicroBiz is no *and* you do not sync Magento orders to MicroBiz.
- You can choose to sync inventory from MicroBiz-> Magento or not. You cannot sync inventory Magento->MicroBiz with the exception of the initial import or if you create a new product in Magento the balance will go over when the new product record syncs. This latter function can be turned off in the settings as well.
- You can choose which stores inventories are include in the Magento stock balance.
- You can create a virtual store/sales Channel in MicroBiz and sync Magento orders to MicroBiz. This will cause the orders to show up in Sales Reports in MicroBiz. Each store, store view or the whole web site can be defined as a sales channel in MicroBiz.
Customer Sync Options
- You can choose whether to sync customers in one or both directions. Note that MicroBiz is more forgiving in terms of allowing no email or phone in customer records but these records won't be save din Magento. Also be aware of auto-notifications in both MicroBiz and Magento. A synced customer could end up generating multiple welcome emails.