Importing Product Records
MicroBiz supports the ability to import product records, including simple products and matrix/configurable products. To import product records, you can use our standard data import templates. Product import functions are accessed in Store Operations>>Catalog>>Manage Products>>More Options button>>Import Product
To create a new import, press 'Import Product' at the top right corner. This will open a blank product record form.
Step One: Configure import Settings
- Use Saved Mapping- This setting determines which mapping rule will be applied the the data.
- File Import Action - Determines whether you will create new products or update existing ones on import.
- Do some items have variants?- In some cases, you will import a product record which has a category, brand or other modifier or attribute that is not in your system. This setting manages whether the item has several models for example different sizes or colors if so, this should be modified by selecting yes. However if the items are simple and each of the items that are going to be imported are without any additional variants the this settings should be set to "no".
- Each record in my file- This is used to determine what type of products that you are importing, the options include "Is a Simple Product", "Is a Configurable Product" or "Is either a configurable or simple product", the following setting should be set according on which kind of products that you are importing.
- Product Class- the following setting includes two options the first one is "Inventory" you should select this option if you are importing products that later will be tracked in Stock, and the other option is "Non-inventory" items this option should be selected when you are importing items that its quantity will not be tracked or it will be used as a service etc..
- Stores- in the following setting you have the ability to choose and select multiple stores that you want to import the products to.
- Select CSV File.
Step Two: Configure Import Data
Once you have configures your import settings, the next step is organizing your data so that it can be imported into MicroBiz. . Your data must conform exactly with the format of our import templates. Adding/removing any columns, reordering columns or changing the order or spelling of the column headers will cause your import to be rejected.
Below are the requirements and restrictions on file imports.
- File name must end in 'csv or .txt
- Comma and tab delimited files are supported.
Step Three: Import Data
Once your data is organized in the appropriate template, you can use the Upload Files tab to select the file to be uploaded. Always try a small sample file first to see if you have the settings and field mapping correct.
Limitations and Requirements
- Imports are limited to 5,000 rows/records.
- You can only import one type of product at a time (simple, matrix, non-inventory). The same file cannot reference multiple product types or attribute sets.
- You can undo the last 5 imports during the first 48 hours following the import. After 48 hours, an import cannot be deleted or undone.
- There is no undo and no mass delete of stock level updates - use caution
Step Four: Confirm Import
To start the import, press the orange 'Finalize Import' button at the top right corner. This will start the import process. Depending on the size of the data file, the import can take several minutes. The email will confirm the number of records and values created or updated, and display a list of the records that were rejected and why they were rejected.
Please be sure the check the error report included in the email notification. The error report may also be accessed by clicking on the gray 'view' button on each line of completed imports in the File Imports grid.
If you are not satisfied with the results of the import, you may undo or delete the 5 most recent imports, subject to a time limit of 48 hours. To undo an import, go to the File Imports grid, and press the gray 'undo' button. This will remove all records added through the deleted import.
Next Step: Adding Customers >>